How To Make Several Years Worth Of Progress On The Bass....In The Next 8 Months!
This Enrollment Page will give you a sketch overview of the 80-20 Program - but if you read the series of articles and emails that I've already sent out then you should have a good idea already. If you've NOT seen any of those articles then drop me an email and I'll point you in the right direction.
The 80-20 Program is aimed at:
- Bass Players that want to understand what goes into creating a good bass line
- Bass players who want to take that understanding to create their own bass lines
80-20 Bass works for most genres of popular music - the blues, blues rock, country, funk, soul, pop, reggae, rock and so on.
The 80-20 Program is NOT aimed at:
- bass players who want to learn to solo
- bass players who want to learn to play walking bass - though there is some crossover as you'll see during the program. If jazz is your goal, there's a separate walking bass program available
- bass players who want to play death metal (I fricking hate death metal).
- slap bass - slap bass has a slightly different vocabulary and it's not covered in this Program
- bass players who want to do the Marcus Miller/Victor Wooten/Brian Bromberg/Billy Sheehan advanced thing. So no tapping, harmonics, double thumb and all that kind of stuff. There's nothing wrong with any of that - and I really admire the playing of the four players mentioned...it's just that 99% (and more) of bass players will NEVER need that material.
Here are the overview details of the different tracks in the program:
Track 1 is the foundational stage and in Track 1 we'll go over the following material:
- Devices 1 to 10
- Common (80-20) 8th Note Rhythms -
- Stage 1 of the Deliberate Compostion to Spontaneous Composition Process
I'll generate scores of backing tracks both for the origin exercises and for the examples you need for the first stage of the Deliberate Composition to Spontaneous Composition process.
By the end of Track 1 you'll be well on your journey towards mastering the vocabulary found in bass lines AND creating your own bass lines. The Deliberate Composition exercises should be eye opening for you - especially when YOU play lines that YOU created with the backing tracks that I generate.
And whilst the first 10 devices only give you a basic vocabulary, as you've seen from the examples I've shown you those lines don't have to be based around root notes and are viable, functional bass lines.
To give you an example, here's two choruses of a 12 Bar Blues played in a vaguely 'Tommy Shannon' style and just using Devices 1 to 10:
In Track 2 we're going to expand our knowledge of devices and we're going to cover the following devices and topics:
- Devices 11 to 20
- Modifying Devices 1 to 4
- Connecting Devices
- More Common Chord Progression
As with Track 1 I'll generate scores of backing tracks for the origin exercises.
By the end of Track 2 you'll know enough devices - and enough ways to vary them up with modifying devices - that you'll already be able to create bass lines with more variety than the majority of your contemporaries.
Many of these devices have variations as well - different ways you can use the devices, different chordal contexts, and so on. So a vocabulary of 20 devices gives you a lot of potential material to include in your bass lines.
In Track 3 we're going to expand our knowledge of devices and we're going to cover the following devices and topics:
- Devices 21 to 30
- Modifying Devices 5 to 8
- More Common Chord Progressions
- Part 1 of Track 3 covers swing 8th note rhythms and triplet modifications (and triplet devices)
- Part 2 of Track 3 covers basic 16th note rhythms
As with Track 1 I'll generate scores of backing tracks to practice with.
By the end of Track 3 you'll know more devices than most of your contemporaries. Bass players like Tommy Shannon and Rocco Prestia (both of who are widely - and rightly - admired have styles that are built on less devices than you'll now know). With the addition of the different modifying devices this will already give you a wide palette of choices for your bass lines.
Plus two bonuses that will go live with Track 3 - a complete and detailed course on How To Play And Count 16th Note Rhythms and detailed instruction on how to go from creating deliberate compositions to playing bass lines in real time spontaneously!
Track 4 is the 'advanced' track where we take what we've already worked on and get more advanced. Additionally we'll work on less common devices that you can pick and choose and decide whether you wish to add to your working repertoire:
- Advanced Devices
- Executing Devices At 16th Note Rhythm
- What To Do If You Find New Devices
- And more...(e.g. slash chords/double stops etc etc).
There are three bonuses that go with the February 80-20 Bass Beta run.
The first is mentioned above, it's a mini-course called COUNTING 16th NOTES and if you're understanding and playing of 16th note rhythms is not on the money, then it will be after you've been through the 400 or so pages of this mini course. As mentioned above, if this was sold separately it would cost $77.
The second bonus is another mini-course - it's called 'Deliberate Composition To Spontaneous Composition.'
The third bonus is the biggie though.
As I've said before in the emails, the course is only 60% complete and is still being built. And it's not the cheapest bass course out there either (and the price is only going to go north as more of it is built!). So in case you were worried about enrolling on a course that's not 100% complete then I'm going to throw in a course that I no longer sell - which is 100% complete - called Cracking The Detroit Code. When I was regularly selling that the price ranged from$297 to $367.
So these three bonuses together are worth more than the enrollment fee for the beta run....see below!
That’s pretty much it. Other than a few tech details:
• The material in each track will “drip” out at monthly intervals (that's my publication schedule though so don’t ever – EVER – feel under pressure to keep up with that. Because…
• …you have lifetime access to the course plus any and all future updates. (There’s a couple of updates I’ve already been asked about that I’m thinking about….whilst they are still thoughts I’ll leave them there…but who knows!)
• There’s a 30 day No Questions Asked Money Back guarantee if you enrol and find that you don’t enjoy the course or it’s not for you.
That’s brings the story up to date…
...oh, you need to know how much the price is.
For all the stuff I've listed above....the four tracks including the bonus track, the 16th note mini-course (worth $77), the deliberate Composition To Spontaneous Composition mini course (worth $97) AND the big one - Cracking The Detroit Code (worth $297 to 367) , lifetime access, etc etc....the enrollment cost is just...
That works out at 50 BUCKS PER MONTH OF TRAINING....when you factor in the years of learning and study that you'll save (because I've already done it for you and compiled it into this course) and throw in the other material to0, that should make it a no brainer. Enrollment details are below.
- This enrollment closes EITHER on Monday 25th Feb at 10 PM GMT OR when 50 students sign up.
- Enrollment won't open again for approximately three months. When it opens again not only will it be more expensive but the Cracking The Detroit Code bonus will be gone.
- Students who sign up NOW will join the course as if they'd been with us all along - and so they'll see the latest content fresh off the press. When enrollment opens again those students will find the content is dripped out each month to avoid overwhelm.
ENROLLMENT IS CURRENTLY CLOSED:
30 Day 100% Money Back Guarantee: This is a unique approach to learning the bass that's based on both years of study of bass lines and years of study of deliberate practice. As such I'm 100% confident that not only will you find the information in the course highly valuable but that the implementation process that we go through will make a massive difference to your bass playing.
I want you to be just as confident with your purchase though, so there's a full 30 day no questions asked guarantee period.
If for whatever reason you're not satisfied, all you have to do is drop me an email and let me know. I'll refund your purchase ASAP with no hassles and no hoops to jump through, and we can part as friends.
So It's Time To Make A Decision: You should have all the information you need to decide whether you want to take advantage of this unique learning opportunity. Simply CLICK the big yellow 'JOIN NOW' button below and you'll be taken to the registration form on the 80-20 Bass Website. Once you've enrolled, you'll be automatically added to the 80-20 Course and sent a welcome email. If you don't receive that email for any reason, then don't panic, simply send me an email and I''ll work out what went wrong in the process and get you added to the site manually. So go ahead. Click the big yellow button below and JOIN NOW.
Don't Forget: The first month is already waiting for you in the Course Area and the second month has started. New content is added most days - when we've finished we'll have 8 "months" of 30 days of content....240 units! Everything is broken down into a step by step teaching system so you can get the results from 80-20 Bass that I've talked about.
ENROLLMENT IS CURRENTLY CLOSED....
P.S. the information in this course will truly save you years of study time...but only if you implement it!
The program has been designed to make it easy to implement. If you truly want to take your bass playing from where it is now to being able to fluently create authentic (and cool sounding!) bass lines on the fly then hitting the 'Join Now' button above is the first step on the road to achieving this goal!