How To Play Bass - The 80-20 Device Method (beta)
Normally I create detailed (and long) enrollment pages.
Not for the beta run of How To Play Bass - The 80-20 Device Method though. If there are questions you still have after I've sketched out the details below then just drop me an email.
Let's start with some details:
- The HTPB 80-20 Device Method Beta will last for 2 months.
- The enrollment fee is $50 for each of the months (so substantially less than the price of a lesson with a really good teacher.)
- I'm going to throw in several hundred dollars of bonuses (see below) so you've got full value before a single lesson rolls out
- There will be a new lesson every week day for 8 weeks starting Monday 5th April
- One other thing to note....
- I'm only taking 50 students (max) on the beta run
The Results You Can Look Forward To Achieving...
Here's what we're going to be working on for the next 8 weeks:
- The devices I've identified as Level 1 devices - listen again to the four videos I created in the fourth lesson in the sequence that leads to this page.
- The method that we'll use to practice these devices will not only kick start the process of assimilating those devices, but we're going to do it using the 10 most common chord progressions in rock and pop AND we're going to practice using the most common rhythms in rock and pop. So all this practice won't be theoretical - it's the bass player's equivalent of the way a tennis player hits different strokes or a golfer hits different shots.
- The big one - we're going to learn how to combine the devices together in real world chord progressions to create functional bass lines. To do that we're going to use a tool called Deliberate Composition...and yes, YOU are going to be creating your own bass lines. You don't have to write music to do this, you can do this with rhythmic tab. And there's a feedback mechanism built into the program so that all the students will amplify their learning by seeing the critiques that I create.
Who This Is For - And Who It Isn't
This is for those of you who can play a bit, but whose playing has flatlined.
I've said many times that there are ONLY two ways to make improvements on the bass:
- Improve your knowledge
- Improve your technique
The HTPB 80-20 Device Method is definitely focused on #1 and improving your knowledge. You'll get a side benefit lift to your technique though from the practice that we're going to do - plus I've also got you covered if you need to improve your technique (see the Bonuses)
If you're already a pretty fluent player AND you can create your own bass lines then this is not for you.
It's also not for you if you want to learn walking bass (I have another program for that), jazz soloing (see the Jerry Coker book I mentioned in the sequence leading to this page) or death metal. (I fricking hate death metal).
If you want to play rock and pop, soul, country or blues....then this Program has got you covered.As I demonstrated in an earlier lesson in this sequence, the main element that differentiates bass playing in different genres ISN'T the devices and ideas being used, it's the rhythm with which they are played. We'll definitely talk about rhythms too!
Here are the bonuses I'm throwing in to make this offer as much of a no brainer as I can:
- Vanishing Tutorials Volume 1 - value $97. I'll manually add you to this within 12 to 24 hours of you enrolling. Probably sooner.
- Vanishing Tutorials Volume 2 - value $97. I'll manually add you to this within 12 to 24 hours of your second installment in 30 days time.
- Technique Builders - value $77. I've excerpted all of the technique lessons from the old How To Play Bass In 50 Songs course (which is no longer available). This includes 24 lessons on plucking hand technique, 14 lessons on mastering the fretboard and 14 lessons on fretting hand technique. This will be added to your account on Monday, April 5th.
- Deliberate Practice V1.0 EBook - although I wrote this 10 years ago, practicing is a timeless topic. Value $47
Day 10 100% Money Back Guarantee: This is a unique approach to learning the bass that's based on both years of study of bass lines and years of study of deliberate practice. As such I'm 100% confident that not only will you find the information in the course highly valuable but that the implementation process that we go through will make a massive difference to your bass playing.
I want you to be just as confident with your purchase though, so if by the end of Day 10 you're not finding this program suitable for you then email me for a prompt and full 100% no questions asked refund. I'll refund your enrollment with no hassles and no hoops to jump through, and we can part as friends.
So It's Time To Make A Decision: You should have all the information you need to decide whether you want to take advantage of this unique learning opportunity. Simply CLICK the big yellow 'JOIN NOW' button below and you'll be taken to the registration form on the 80-20 Bass Website. Once you've enrolled, you'll be automatically added to the Course and sent a welcome email. If you don't receive that email for any reason, then don't panic, simply send me an email and I''ll work out what went wrong in the process and get you added to the site manually. So go ahead. Click the big yellow button below and JOIN NOW.
P.S. This is a sketch page....if there's any info you need to make a decision then just drop me an email and ask away!