Bass Lessons For Beginners
Most of us who pick up the bass guitar do so for three reasons:
- We Want to Emulate A Bass Playing Idol
- We Want To Play In A Band With Other Musicians/Our Friends
- A Combination of (1) and (2)
Most of us realize that trying to learn the bass without a teacher is reinventing the wheel. So we look for a teacher ? either face to face, or online.
There’s a problem though with a lot of teachers
Most teachers start off by teaching beginner bassists how to play scales and arpeggios. And then two octave scales and two octave arpeggios. And once beginners know how to tune their bass and the correct plucking and fretting hand positions there are four topics they really need to get to grips with to start making progress on the bass.
Those four topics are: Most of
- Fretting hand technique
- Plucking hand technique
- Learning ALL the notes on the bass for the entire fretboard
- Learning songs that provide practical applications of the above three items combined with rhythm
Now the first three items on that list is covered thoroughly in my 30 Lesson Bass For Beginners course. If you?ve got a grasp of fretting hand technique, plucking hand technique and where the notes are on the bass and are looking for song tutorials as practical applications of thee then don?t worry, we?ve got you covered.
Here are the most popular, beginner level tutorials on How To Play Bass:
- How To Play Bass To Seven Nation Army by The White Stripes
- How To Play Bass To Sunshine Of Your Love by Cream
- How To Play Bass To Walking On The Moon by The Police
- How To Play Bass To Green Onions by Booker T And The MGs
- How To Play Bass To Sunny Afternoon by The Kinks
- How To Play Bass to House Of The Rising Sun by The Animals
If you are a beginner and still need to work on your fretting hand technique, your plucking hand technique and learning all the note locations on the bass then please check out my 30 Lesson Bass For Beginners course.
There are a ton of song tutorials in the course too!