ANNOUNCING: THE REGGAE AND SKA WORKING BASSLINES COLLECTION
Here's how the Reggae and Ska Collection came about:
About four years ago one of my First Bass And Beyond Magazine Subscribers contacted me with a view to adding a few guest transcriptions to the magazine. His name is Gordon Clayton and his situation was that he'd just agreed to cover for another bassist for 6 month in a reggae and ska band and thought some of the transcriptions he had to prep for this band might be of interest to my readers.
That quickly grew into a series of guest columns that ran for 6 months or so in First Bass And Beyond. We called that column: Bass In The Two Tone Zone. (The collected PDF is in the Bonus Area of The Reggae And Ska Basslines collection).
We also talked at the time about filming all the songs and creating a PDF and Video product. The suggestion was made that we add some more well known reggae tutorials (e.g. Bob Marley) and maybe some of the rock-reggae type crossovers (e.g. The Police).
About 6 months ago we finally revisited the idea - and we decided to add in some 'Third Wave" Ska tunes (e.g. Mighty Bosstones, No Doubt and so on). And we ended up with this collection:
Now the Collection is closing in on being completed....while it's not ye complete, we've still put it officially for sale. The final tutorials will be added in the next few weeks. (And there's plenty of songs to be getting on with in the meantime 😉 )
And before we look at what songs are covered, just to let you know that each tutorial has PDF, videos and Soundslices. The majority have bass less backing tracks too - but currently not every song.
TUTORIALS ALREADY COMPLETE
Here are the tutorials already complete and waiting for you in the Members Area:
- Food For Thought (UB 40)
- Stir It Up (Bob Marley)
- It Must Be Love (Madness)
- I've Seen That Face Before (Grace Jones)
- Valerie 68 (Amy Winehouse)
- Too Much Too Young (The Specials)
- Down Under (Men At Work)
- One Step Beyond (Madness)
- Dreadlock Holiday (10 CC)
- You're Wondering Now (The Specials)
- I Shot The Sheriff (Bob Marley)
- The Israelites (Jimmy Cliff)
- Three Little Birds (Bob Marley)
- Could You Be Loved (Bob Marley)
- Lively Up Yourself (Bob Marley)
- Iron Lion Zion (Bob Marley)
- The Harder They Come (Jimmy Cliff)
- Baggy Trousers (Madness)
- Santeria (Sublime)
- I'm Yours (Jason Mraz)
- Billionaire (Bruno Mars)
- Rude (Magic)
- Red Red Wine (UB 40)
- Kingston town (UB 40)
- One In 10 (UB 40)
- Many Rivers To Cross (Jimmy Cliff)
- Wonderful World Beautiful People (Jimmy Cliff)
- You Can Get It If You really Want (Jimmy Cliff)
- House Of Fun (Madness)
- Knocking On heaven's Door (Eric Clapton)
- Get Up Stand Up (Bob Marley)
- Is This Love (Bob Marley)
- One Love People Get Ready (Bob Marley)
- Exodus (Bob Marley)
- Satisfy My Soul (Bob Marley)
- Spiderwebs (no Doubt)
- Where'd You Go (The Mighty Mighty Bosstones)
- The Impression That I get (The Mighty Mighty Bosstones)
- Easy Skanking (Bob Marley)
- I Got You Babe (UB40 And Chrissie Hynde)
- Buffalo Soldier (Bob Marley)
- Close To You (Maxi Priest)
- Wild World (Maxi Priest)
- Please Don't Rock My Boat (Bob Marley)
- Food For Thought (UB 40)
- I Can See Clearly Now (Bob Marley)
- Hot Hot Hot (Arrow)
- Now That We've Found Love (Third World)
- Message IN A Bottle (the Police)
- No Woman No Cry (Bob Marley)
- Jamming (Bob Marley)
And yep, we do like some Bob Marley and some Aston Family Man Barrett bass lines 😉
...THE REMAINING TUTORIALS
The remaining tutorials to complete the collection - hopefully added within the following month or so - are:
- King (UB40)
- Liquore Store Blues (- or The Lazy Song - both by Bruno Mars)
- Walking On The Moon (The Police)
- Roxanne (The Police)
- So Lonely (The Police)
- Can't Stand Losing You (The Police)
(PAUL'S NOTE - this last selection ISN'T set in stone...if you've got a great suggestion then email it to me and I might strike one of these from the list and replace it with your suggestion!)
There's a PDF bonus to the Collection too.
Bass In The Two Tone Zone
The complete PDF of Gordon's original column is included as a bonus to the Collection too - it features transcriptions and playing notes on a bunch of ska and reggae tunes. It includes songs by The Selector, Jimmy Cliff, Madness, The Specials, Desmond Dekker and more.
You'll have lifetime access and obviously as the new tutorials go live you'll get notified. If you click the button below it will take you to the Registration Form on the Courses website. You'll need to 'register' yourself on the site before you can purchase - that's just your email address and you an choose a password.
Oh. And the price?
It's the same as all the volumes of Working Basslines - jus $127.
30 Day 100% Money Back Guarantee: We know that you'll find the tutorials contained in the Reggae And Ska Collection of great assistance in mastering reggae and ska tunes for playing with your band or for your personal enjoyment. We want you to be just as confident with your purchase though, so there's a full 30 day no questions asked guarantee period.
If for whatever reason you're not satisfied, all you have to do is drop us an email and let us know. We'll refund your purchase ASAP with no hassles and no hoops to jump through, and we can part as friends.
So It's Time To Make A Decision: You should have all the information you need to decide whether you want to learn these working songs, starting in the next few minutes. Simply CLICK the big yellow 'JOIN NOW' button below and you'll be taken to the Registration Form on the Courses Website. Once you've joined, you'll be automatically added to the Reggae and Ska Collection and sent a welcome email. If you don't receive that email for any reason, then don't panic, simply send us an email and we'll work out what went wrong in the process and get you added to the site manually. So go ahead. Click the big yellow button below and JOIN NOW.
Paul Wolfe aka "Don Pablo" ' the Don of Deliberate Practice